The family and I were in Lake Placid, New York recently celebrating our Daughter’s 16th birthday. We decided to buy wine on the trip instead of packing and transporting ours. If you haven’t experienced buying wine outside of your native area, most of the time it’s a pain in the rear. You have to find the local wine/liquor store and hunt down your goto wines if there available.
Of course our favorites were out of stock at the only store in town. So we picked a couple of bottles of The 2016 Stag Cabernet Sauvignon for about $22.00 dollars a bottle. The reviews looked pretty good, but as you know those can be hit or miss. We decided to gamble and roll the dice away.
So later that evening we popped the cork and poured a glass setting on Mirror Lake and here was our experience. See tasting card below and summary:
2016 Stag Cabernet Tasting Notes
The Stag Cabernet Sauvignonvintage2016regionCaliforniavarietalCabernet
- Dark purple in color and is pretty sticky to the glass.
- Light, clean aromas of cherries and raspberries.
- Medium body / semi-dry wine with a soft mouthfeel.
- Good tasting wine, with balanced flavors of cherry, raspberry, light baking spice, and leather.
- Medium finish that is balanced through the entire experience.
Buy If You Like
A flavorful, well-balanced cabernet that is not overly fruity with some nice notes of baking spice and leather. Good choice for someone that likes an even tempered cabernet with a consistent experience in the structure and flavor profile.
Good wine that’s extremly well balanced with evenly paced notes of light berry fruits, leather, and baking spice.
this is a good wine for its price point of $22 dollars. It’s a very safe drinking red wine for hosting an event or party; I wouldn’t buy it on a regular basis. But for sure a flavorful, medium bold cabernet, that shouldn’t be overlooked as someone’s daily wine or single glass/bottle selection at a restaurant. So that’s all for now you beautiful wine drinkers…till next!
Additional Resources & Information
Check out the additional links and resources below for The 2016 Stagg Cabernet Sauivoun North Coast Series
- Vino.com – Wine prices and additional information The Stag 2016 Cabernet | https://www.vivino.com/st-huberts-the-stag-cabernet-sauvignon/w/5230102
- Find out more about the St.Huberts Vinyards | https://www.sthuberts.com.au/about-us